- RSS Feed
- Tweets by @NewHomesExpert1
- Response to Consultation Government Delay with New Homes Ombudsman
- The Chameleon Consumer Code for Home Builders now plan their own “Ombudsman”
- Is the Government Consultation to delay a Statutory New Homes Ombudsman?
- Weak Mortar In Taylor Wimpey New Homes
- Persimmon Homes Announce Independent Review
- HBF Satisfaction Survey shows number of buyers reporting defects as high as ever
- Persimmon Launches Homebuyer Retention Policy
- Redress? When will New Homes Ombudsman be operational?
- Housing Redress Consultation – Government finally publish response
- Why is the Conservative government dragging its heels over housing reform?
- Disrespectful Bellway Homes Fit Signs Over Remembrance Poppies
- Consumer Code for Homebuilders – Causing the Confusion!
Search Results for: new homes ombudsman
Response to consultation and government delay in creating the Statutory New Homes Ombudsman Another consultation? On 1st October 2018, now ten months ago, the then Housing Secretary James Brokenshire announced the government would create a statutory new homes ombudsman which … Continue reading
New Homes Ombudsman Consultation Not another consultation! As the person that first suggested a statutory new homes ombudsman be set up as long ago as 15 November 2015 at the APPG EBE Inquiry, I was delighted, after my many years … Continue reading
James Brokenshire re announces the statutory New Homes Ombudsman but when will it be operational? Whilst housing secretary James Brokenshire has announced an “overhaul of broken housing complaints system” it is evident to me that any redress will not be … Continue reading
Government announces creation of statutory New Homes Ombudsman Monday 1 October 2018 was a good day. It has been over 4 years since I began my campaign for Government to set up a statutory, stand-alone new homes ombudsman, providing new homebuyers with a an independent unencumbered means … Continue reading
Housebuilders must belong to New Homes Ombudsman to provide better redress for dissatisfied new homebuyers. In its report, published on 26 June 2018, the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Excellence in the Built Environment called on the government to make it mandatory … Continue reading
As the Consumer Code for Homes Builders (CCHB) fights against its own imminent extinction, an ever growing recognition that a fully independent New Homes Ombudsman is gaining traction and support in government circles. The CCHB starts to “bend and amend” … Continue reading
Non-Disclosure in ‘Closed’ APPG EBE New Homes Ombudsman Inquiry Despite 15 organisations and 19 individuals submitting written evidence to the APPG EBE Inquiry “looking into the potential and detail for a New Homes Ombudsman”, there is scant sign of any … Continue reading
The government has finally recognised the need for an independent New Homes Ombudsman and an APPG Inquiry is currently calling for evidence on how it would operate. It is not impossible to build a defect-free new home. All that is required is the … Continue reading
In his speech at the JCT Parliamentary Reception on 17 May 2016, APPG EBE chair Oliver Colvile MP highlighted the main findings of the Inquiry and some of the main recommendations, in particular that a New Homes Ombudsman “should be … Continue reading